Friday, January 24, 2014

My husband is obsessed!!!

My husband couldn't wait for our weekend drive over to the house, I actually think he goes over every other day, so he went over yesterday morning and then "twisted my arm" to go over last evening to take a peak.  While over there our NEW project manager stopped by to talk to us ... we were definitely caught off guard as we had NO clue our other project manager was leaving..  Since the ground breaking I think we had talked to our old project manager a total of maybe 3 times TOPS, and one of those being via e-mail and the other being the pre-construction meeting and not sure when then 3rd would have been so maybe just 2??!!  Notice, I didn't even add the pre-drywall meeting in there, yeah, that's because he couldn't make it that day (the day he pushed to schedule it for, I might add), instead we had his assistant.  So needless to say, we aren't that torn up about getting a new guy who would like to schedule weekly IN PERSON meetings with us at the house just to make sure everything is being done correctly and to our specifications!  He seemed very nice and involved in his projects so hopefully it will be a smooth transition and the completion date will remain the same.  He did mention though needing to change the way our coffers are laid out in the family room.  He discussed it briefly with us but as it was getting dark and we had our 2 little ones with us we still left with a few questions so he is going to touch base with the Mr. today to discuss it.

The basement wet bar cabinets were slated to be put in this am and as long as that happened, Troy Granite was slated to go out this afternoon to template for the granite.  I dropped my kitchen sink off to them yesterday, hopefully the color we picked will go well with the granite..  I guess we soon shall see...

We also noticed our stone has been delivered to the house so hopefully that will go on next week.  I wanted to open a box to take a peak but it was too darn cold out (0 and below temps here in western pa lately!brrrr!).  I can't wait to see how it comes together with the brick.  

UPDATE:  the 2 leaks we had seen before the drywall was hung were addressed and the "old" PM was aware of them and correcting the issue prior to me bringing them up to him so that was at least good.  
Our HUGE angle free island!!
kitchen view from the family room

dining room shadow boxing

No comments:

Post a Comment